Friday, March 5, 2010

Lesson 8 (Part 1) Exercise

Per our assignment, I went in to blindsearch and typed in Northern Kentucky Public Libraries as part of the assignment. I looked at Google, Bing and Yahoo. All three were alike in most ways, but I preferred Yahoo. I have used Google and Yahoo in the past, but I really have not had much experience with Bing. I found Bing to be much like the other two. Google is very colorful and easy to read. Google had more statistical information (data provided by Hitwise). I searched for one of the topics given from Giza. I liked google for this because it operated on keyword searches. I typed in Giza and found very nice pictures on this site. Google is easy to search by using words with quotes "Giza" which narrows the search.

No comments:

Post a Comment