Friday, March 5, 2010

WEEK 8: GOOGLE AND OTHER SEARCH ENGINES

I went into blindsearch and typed in Giza which had been listed in another lesson. I use Google and Yahoo a lot for searches, but I was not that familiar with Bing. I searched information for greenhouse building as well as Giza and typed in Public Libraries in Northern Kentucky. I was impressed with all three. They were very in-depth with their range of information. I typed "Giza" in quotes on Google and found lots of information and beautiful pictures. On Google one can use advanced search as well. Google has more statistical information. Yahoo is great for quickly finding local news information. When searching for Giza, Bing provided a grouping of relevant information that one could click on and find specific information such as maps, etc. My favorites were all on Google.

No comments:

Post a Comment