Thursday, January 21, 2010

WEEK TWO : PRIVACY ISSUES

I have always been aware of some of the issues concerning internet use. I know not to give out personal informaton, and I rarely ever order anything online, because I really don't trust that my information can not be accessed. My personal home has virus protection, but I still try to be very careful of what I make public on the internet. I was really surprised at some of the issues that were covered in the Privacy part of our assignment. I think we don't always take time to read the "fine print" like we should.
I discovered when I first got a home computer that there was going to be an issue with emails. People were sending emails with subjects that were not what they seemed. If I do not recognize the sender or I don't trust that it is an email that needs to be opened, I delete. Better safe than sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment